There are over 160 Broken Trust Quotes with images that will definitely make you cry.
We meet many people in life, and we do not even trust each one, but when we trust someone and he breaks our trust, So doing Next Time Trust is very intimidating.
If trust breaks in friendship, it happens because of two reasons, one is misunderstanding or that person is corrupt.
We should think that the one on whom we are trusting is really worth trusting or else we are forcibly attached to it.
Can you imagine life without trust? Not at all because in life we have to trust someone at some point.
So how will these quotes help us? We can’t stop someone from breaking our trust but when someone breaks our trust, how do we react, it is in our hands.
Table of Contents
Broken Trust Quotes
You broke me, It’s ok
You broke my trust, It’s not ok”
1. Trust is like an eraser, it gets smaller and smaller after every mistake.
2. “Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.” – William Shakespeare
3. “Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever to repair.”
4. “Once trust is broken, some attitudes would have to be changed because they are needed to establish trust.”
5. “It takes a lot of truth to gain trust but just one lie to lose it all.”
6. “Trust but verify”.
7. “I can forgive you but I will never trust you again.”
8. “You should stop thinking about the people who ruined the trust you gave them.”
9. “I fear that when I start getting close to you, you would also leave me like the others did.”
10. “There are no regrets that I met you, I only regret giving my trust to you.”
11. “If you fooled me once the shame is on you. If you fooled me twice then the shame is on me.”
12. “Trust may be tough, but all the doubt in the world came from broken trust.”
13. “I find it difficult to trust people, so when I give my trust to you I hope you would not make me regret it.”
14. “Just stop apologizing if you are going to do it again.”
15. “Avoid believing what you just heard and only believe half of what you see.”
16. “You will never understand the damage you did to someone until the same thing is done to you. That’s why I’m here.”– Karma
17. “One of the hardest lessons in life is letting go.”
18. “I’m not crying because of you; you’re not worth it.”
19. “People can disappoint you or they can surprise you.”
20. “It was a mistake,” you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you.”– David Levithan
21. “I’m a good enough person to forgive you, but not stupid enough to trust you again.”
22. “When trust is broken, there is not any medicine to recover that again, as it was before, even you try hard to gain back”– Ehsan Sehgal
23. “Pain changes people, it makes them trust less, overthink more, and shut people out.”
24. “The worst thing about being lied to is knowing you’re not worth the truth.”
25. “Broken trust doesn’t have to mean the end of your story. It’s time to write the next chapter.”
26. “It is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust.”– Samuel Johnson
27. “People have to pretend you’re a bad person so they don’t feel guilty about the things they did to you.”
28. “Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it’s broken, but you can still see the crack in that mother f*cker’s reflection.”– Lady Gaga
29. “A relationship without trust is like having a phone with no service. And what do you do with a phone with no service? You play games.
30. “I trusted you but now your words mean nothing because your actions spoke the truth.”
31. “How can people trust the harvest unless they see it sown?”
32. “Every time I use my heart in deciding to trust someone, I end up broken and hurt.”
33. “Everything has reasons for happening; you are being lied to so eventually you will learn to trust only yourself.”
34. “Trusting too much could hurt you, but not trusting enough could torment you through life.”
35. “Only trust those who deserve to be trusted, not all men are worthy of it.”
36. “Paper, once crumpled, can never be the same piece again, just like trust.”
37. “Never trust someone who lies to you. Never lie to someone who trusts you.”– Mandy
38. “The worst part about being lied to is knowing that you weren’t worth the truth.”– Mishaela
39. “If you want to rekindle the trust in your relationship, both of you would have to work on it.”
40. “You broke my trust, and it was my entire mistake because I trusted you completely.”
41. When the person you trust breaks your faith in them, they are the bad person, not you.”
42. “No trust in a relationship is like having a phone without a network connection; you just use it to play games.”
43. “Never trust someone who lies to you. Never lie to someone who trusts you.” – Mandy
44. “When you fully trust someone without any doubt, you finally get one of two results: a person for life or a lesson for life.”
45. “Trust is like an eraser; it gets smaller and smaller after every mistake.”
46. “The worst part about being lied to is knowing that you weren’t worth the truth.” – Mishaela
47. “When your trust is broken by someone, never think that it is your mistake because they are just untrustworthy people.”
48. “You can easily lose trust yet it is very difficult to build it.”
49. “One should select the people they trust; not everyone deserves to be trusted.”
50. “Each time you lie, a piece of me is being removed and you cannot get it back again.”
Betrayed Broken Trust Quotes
51. Betrayal is never easy to handle and there is no right way to accept it. – Christine Feehan
52. Betrayal is common for men with no conscience. – Toba Beta
53. Betrayal is the only truth that sticks. – Arthur Miller
54. Only those you trust can betray you. – Terry Goodkind
55. “Lovers have a right to betray your friends don’t.”
56. “For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first.”
57. “Betrayal is universal for people with no principle.”
58. “The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.”
59. “There’s ways you can trust an enemy you can’t always trust a friend. An enemy’s never going to betray your trust.”
60. “The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.”
61. “Betrayal is the worst… and the key to moving past it is to identify what led up to it in the first place.”– Charles J. Orlando
62. “Everyone suffers at least one bad betrayal in their lifetime. It’s what unites us. The trick is not to let it destroy your trust in others when that happens. Don’t let them take that from you.”– Sherrilyn Kenyon
63. “Forgiving the enemy is easier than forgiving a friend who betrayed you.”
64. “Trust should be established first before betrayal can take place.”
65. “Love all, trust a few.”– William Shakespeare
66. “You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment unless you trust enough.”– Frank Crane
67. “It was a mistake,” you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you.”– David Levithan
68. “Trust yourself, you will start to trust others.”– Santosh Kalwar
69. “Speak your truth, even if your voice shakes.”– Robin Sharma
70. “Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Hurt Broken Trust Quotes
71. “I’ve been stabbed in the back by those I needed most.”
72. “Be careful who you trust… the devil was once an angel.”
73. “Forgiveness doesn’t always lead to healed relationships.”
74. “Closed eyes, heart not beating, but a living love.”– Avis Corea
75. “Sometimes we create our own heartbreaks through expectation.”
76. “Assuming is the root of all disappointments.”– Rogienel Reyes
77. “I do not trust words. I even question actions. But I never doubt patterns.”
78. “It was a mistake,” you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you.”
79. “To forgive someone who hurt you is easy but to trust them again is next to impossible.”
80. “Trust can be broken in many different ways.
81. “Liberalism is the trust of the people tempered by prudence. Conservatism is distrust of the people tempered by fear.”– William E. Gladstone
82. “Honesty is the best policy. If I lose my honor, I lose myself.”– William Shakespeare
83. “Trust in what you love, continue to do it, and it will take you where you need to go.”– Natalie Goldberg
84. “Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful.”– Friedrich Nietzsche
85. “I would rather remember my heart before it got broken than look at all its broken pieces right now.”
86. “We open up ourselves ultimately when we trust because we can only find love when there is trust.”
87. “If a person already broke your trust once, he will never hesitate to do it again.”
88. “What’s burned is burned, but what’s broken can heal. And broken trust in a relationship is not like a house on fire.”
89. “Broken trust forces us, first, to acknowledge a painful reality we may have chosen to ignore, then, to make some difficult decisions.”
90. “Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.”
91. “I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.”
92. “It is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust.”
93. “The trust has broken down. It will take some time to change attitudes and attitudes are going to be needed to develop trust”
94. “We’re never so vulnerable than when we trust someone – but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy”
95. “Trust is built when someone is vulnerable and not taken advantage of.”– Bob Vanourek
96. “There are two reasons why we don’t trust people. First- we don’t know them. Second- we know them.”
97. “Better to trust the man who is frequently in error than the one who is never in doubt.”– Eric Sevareid
98. “Trust starts with truth and ends with truth.”– Santosh Kalwar
99. “To conquer the unknown you must trust.”– Yogi Bhajan
100. “I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh.”– Maya Angelou
101. “One must be fond of people and trust them if one is not to make a mess of life.”– E.M. Forster
102. “You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment unless you trust enough.”– Frank Crane
103. “Trust starts with truth and ends with truth.”
104. “Trusting is hard. Knowing who to trust, is even harder.”
105. “Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.”– Rumi
107. “Take no one’s word for anything, including mine – but trust your experience.”– James Baldwin
108. “Trust is built with consistency.”– Lincoln Chafee
109. “After all, damn it, what does being in love mean if you can’t trust a person.”– Evelyn Waugh
110. “I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.”
111. “I love you” is far different from “I trust you”– Shelaxai
112. “Those who trust us educate us.”– George Eliot
Friendship Broken Trust Quotes
113. “A special friend is hard to find, hard to lose and impossible to forget.”
114. “Sometimes it’s not the people who change, It’s the mask that falls off.”
115. “I’m losing friends ’cause people are catching feelings I’m not catching.”
116. “That friendship will not continue to the end which is begun for an end.”
117. “The death of a friend is equivalent to the loss of a limb.”
118. “Due to success, I started losing friends.”
119. “It is hard to trust our friends sometimes because they might become our cruelest enemies.”
120. “Sometimes trusting a friend is the hardest thing to do, even the closest friends can become enemies.”– James Merrow
121. “Don’t fear the enemy that attacks you, fear the fake friend that hugs you.”
122. “It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.”– William Blake
123. “The worst thing about being lied to is knowing you weren’t worth the truth.”
124. “Every path but your own is the path of fate. Keep on your own track, then.”– Henry David Thoreau
125. “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.”– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
126. “Trusting you is my decision. Proving me right is your choice.”
127. “Earn trust, earn trust, earn trust. Then you can worry about the rest.”– Seth Godin
128. Trusting too much can hurt you too much.
129. I trust you blindly and you prove me blind.
130. How can people trust the harvest unless they see it sown?”
Broken Trust Quotes For Relationships
131. “My love is unconditional. My trust and my respect are not.”
132. “Relationships are about trust. If you have to play detective, then it’s time to move on.”
133. “Don’t trust everything you see. Even salt looks like sugar.”
135. “A liar will always be a liar. They will only get better at it.
136. “Doubt everything. Find your own light.”– Buddha Click
137. Everyone is broken here, Some with love and some without love.
138. “The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.”– Ernest Hemingway
139. “Trustful people are the pure at heart, as they are moved by the zeal of their own trustworthiness.”– Criss Jami
140. “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.”– Michel de Montaigne
141. Some trust losses are necessary for life to grow.
142. It broke my heart but opened my eyes.
143. “The wiser you get, the more you trust it will all be fine.”– Maxime Lagacé
144. “Stop asking me to trust you while I’m still coughing up water from the last time you let me drown.”
145. “Trust is the highest form of human motivation. It brings out the very best in people. But it takes time and patience.”
146. “Trust him not with your secrets, who, when left alone in your room, turns over your papers.”
147. “Trust is like a vase. Once it is broken, though you can fix it, the vase will never be the same again.”
148. “You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you don’t trust enough.”
149. “Do not trust all men, but trust men of worth; the former course is silly, the latter a mark of prudence.”
150. “Trust is like a paper. Once it’s crumpled, it can’t be perfect again.”
151. I had trusted him. I had even trusted him after he betrayed me. I was too open for my own good. I still gave that man my heart even after he destroyed it
152. Trusting is hard. Knowing who to trust, is even harder.
153. “Breaking someone’s trust is like crumpling up a perfect piece of paper. You can smooth it over but it’s never going to be the same again.”
154. “Don’t ever break someone’s trust. Once you do, then nobody wants to do business with you.”
155. “When you start to wonder whether you can trust someone or not, that is when you already know you don’t.”
156. “It’s not about who is real to your face.”
157. “Most things disappoint until you look deeper.”
158. “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”– William Shakespeare
159. “To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved.”– George MacDonald
160. “Trust only Movement. Life happens at the level of events, not words.”
Rebuilding trust after it has been broken can be a challenging and time-consuming process, but it is possible with effort, sincerity, and commitment from both parties involved.
Here are steps to help you work toward repairing broken trust:
Acknowledge and Accept Responsibility: If you are the one who broke trust, take ownership of your actions. Acknowledge what you did wrong, and accept responsibility for the hurt and damage caused. This step is crucial in demonstrating sincerity.
Apologize Sincerely: Offer a genuine and heartfelt apology to the person you hurt. Express your remorse and empathy for how your actions affected them. Be specific about what you are apologizing for to show that you understand the situation.
Show Genuine Remorse: Demonstrating genuine remorse goes beyond words. It involves expressing your regret through your actions. Make it clear that you are committed to making amends and changing your behavior.
Communicate Openly: Engage in open and honest communication with the person whose trust you’ve broken. Discuss the issues that led to the breach of trust, and be willing to answer their questions and address their concerns. Listen actively to their feelings and perspective.
Set Clear Expectations: Establish clear expectations and boundaries moving forward. Discuss how you both can work together to rebuild trust and prevent similar issues from arising in the future.
Be Patient: Rebuilding trust takes time. Understand that the person you hurt may need time to heal and regain confidence in you. Be patient and avoid pressuring them to forgive or trust you immediately.
Demonstrate Consistency: Consistency in your words and actions is essential. Show that you are reliable, trustworthy, and committed to making positive changes. Avoid repeating the same mistakes.
Seek Counseling or Mediation: In some cases, it may be beneficial to involve a therapist, counselor, or mediator to facilitate communication and assist in the trust-rebuilding process, especially in cases of deeply damaged trust or repeated issues.
Rebuild Trust Gradually: Trust is often rebuilt in small steps. As the person you hurt begins to see consistent and positive changes in your behavior, their trust in you may gradually improve.
Respect Boundaries: Respect the boundaries and conditions set by the injured party. If they request space or specific actions from you, honor their requests.
Stay Accountable: Continue to take responsibility for your actions and any commitments you make to rebuild trust. Regularly check in with the person you hurt to ensure they feel heard and supported.
Learn and Grow: Use the experience as an opportunity for personal growth and self-improvement. Reflect on what led to the breach of trust and work on addressing any underlying issues or behaviors.
It’s important to note that in some cases, trust may never be fully restored, and the relationship may be irreparably damaged. In such situations, it’s essential to respect the other person’s decision and focus on personal growth and learning from the experience.
Remember that rebuilding trust requires time, effort, and a genuine commitment to change. Patience, understanding, and empathy are key elements in the process.
When someone breaks our trust in life, we become sad, then these trust broken quotes can motivate you.
Here we have posted the best quotes, hope you have liked it, if you have liked it, then definitely share this post with your friends.